Pound cake is always a good way to use up eggs and this pound cake also uses Zucchini to create a moist flavorful pound cake.
Not only do I used up extra eggs and zucchini but my family loves this cake and it also freezes well.
- 4½ Cups Flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1½ cups butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups of Blueberries
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce mixing speed to low and add the 6 eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to be mixed in before adding the next.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine butter mixture with flour, adding a cup of flour at a time. Do not over mix.
- Stir in zucchini until well combined and fold in blueberries.
- Bake in two loaf pans that have be greased and floured at 325 degrees for approximately 90 minutes checking after 70 minutes with a toothpick to check for doneness. Pound cake will be done when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let pound cakes cool before removing from pans.